- There’s no uniformity in these methods.
- Oftentimes, these stories have fewer moving parts which mitigates the need for large outlines.
- Brainstorm random ideas that you like, get ideas from dreams, etc. See if you can combine the ideas somehow. It’s the writing equivalent of improv acting.
- Just experiment a lot. Write cool scenes, cool characters, etc. and just see where they take you. Let a compelling story flow out.
- There probably will be a lot of rewriting and “wasted” pages that you don’t end up using, but that’s okay because it’s what you had to do to generate the story.
Next up: YA Genres