- There are two main types of writers: “discovery writers” and “outliners”.
- Discovery writers are kind of like Gardeners, growing their story from some seed of an idea and not quite knowing where it will take them.
- Outliners can be thought of as architects, mapping their story out from start to finish before they ever write a single word of prose.
- Gardeners should watch out for “and then I guess it ends” type of endings.
- Architects should watch out for “world builder’s disease”.
Next up: Writing Group Essentials