Well, here we are again. Another week down, another lecture under the belt. We have Brandon talking about all kinds of cool stuff that you don’t get to hear anywhere else. Well, maybe a few other places, but not many. It’s super cool that he doesn’t hold back information, just gets it all out there for use to hear and think about.
- “A short story must have a single mood and every sentence must build towards it.”
― Edgar Allan Poe
- “You either have to write or you shouldn’t be writing. That’s all.”
- “Read a thousand books, and your words will flow like a river.”
― Lisa See, Snow Flower and the Secret Fan
- “Imagination is like a muscle. I found out that the more I wrote, the bigger it got.”
― Philip José Farmer
- “A novel is a mirror walking along a main road.”
― Stendhal, The Red and the Black
- “Maybe the hardest thing in writing is simply to tell the truth about things as we see them.”
― John Steinbeck
- “I think like a genius, I write like a distinguished author, and I speak like a child.”
― Vladimir Nabokov
- “Read over your compositions, and wherever you meet with a passage which you think is particularly fine, strike it out.”
― Samuel Johnson, The Life of Samuel Johnson LL.D. Vol 2
Okay, I guess I’m the only person who thought Star Trek: Into Darkness wasn’t everything everyone was saying it was, namely ‘fantastic’. I thought it was okay, not bad, until some very unbelievable things happened which I just couldn’t swallow. But, financially, it wrecked so who am I to argue? lol
Also, I watched the documentary Chasing Ice. Um, we’re all going to die…and not long from now. I mean, this flick was pretty damn interesting to watch and really opened my eyes to what we are doing to the planet. The lengths the film maker went to in order to capture what he captured just blows my mind.
Think about checking it out.
Uh, I’m having dental work done. Not pretty. I was going to write an article about a program that does editing for you (Editor 4.0) this week but am having trouble finishing with my face exploding in pain, so it might be next week.
Anyway, tell us all what your word count was this past week and also the total word count for what you have for the class.
Stay awesome, Dragons.