- A good story is about interesting interactions between 1) Plot 2) Character and 3) Setting.
- Conflict is the lifeblood of those interactions.
- Figure out ways to put your character in conflict with your setting, your plot in conflict with the aspirations of your character, your plot in conflict with your setting, etc.
- Plunge your character into the center of that conflict. Make them active participants.
- A great way to produce good stories is to look at books you really, really loved and boil them down to their essence that most hooked you.
Next up: Plots by outlining